DLIA News & Events
Posted on November 11th, 2017
Nearby Recycle Drop-Off Sites
All are Open 24/7 except for the Emmet County Drop-Off Center
- City of Cheboygan – County Building, 870 S Main St
- Indian River On Martha Street, off Straits Highway
- West Burt Township Transfer Station – Indian Rd.
- Mackinaw City: Behind the High School and baseball diamond at the Public Works Yard
- Pellston: At the corner of State St. and Zipf (down the road from the school)
- Robinson Road: from Jurek’s Market at the Pleasantview Road jog
- Alanson Area: Off Milton Avenue in the Village Public Works Yard
The Emmet County Drop-Off Center is the county “flagship” drop site with areas to accept …
Paper, Boxes and Bags • Mixed Containers
32 additional recyclable materials not accepted at the other sites
Yard Waste for composting • Garbage to be landfilled
It is open 8-4 weekdays and 8-3 Saturdays. Closed Sundays and major holidays.
For more information and locations see their websites:
Posted on April 21st, 2017
CELEBRATE ♥ Loving Life on Douglas Lake ♥
The Celebration was held at Maple River Pub 8/6/2017. It was a wonderful afternoon full of delicious food, lots of history, and hearty laughs. Thank you to all who were able to attend for making our 50th Anniversary Celebration so special !
Date: Sunday, August 6, 2017
Time: Door opens at Noon – 4:00 p.m.
Location: Maple River Pub
♥ GOOD FOOD ♥ CASH BAR ♥ PARTY FAVORS ♥
$35 per person includes delicious appetizers, hearty buffet lunch, non-alcoholic beverage, dessert, display of photos and a fabulous program.
$15 for children 12 and under.
Arrive at Noon. Agenda: Check-in, hors d’oeuvres, buffet lunch, program, dessert. A full afternoon to remember !!! Read more of DLIA Celebrated 50 Years in 2017 »
Posted on March 6th, 2017
- 5/15/2018 One egg on Maple Bay nest.
- 5/17/2018 There are 2 eggs on the Maple Bay nest.
- 5/25/2018 Nesting may begin soon at North Fishtail Bay.
- 5/28/2018 noon – One egg on North Fishtail Bay.
- 5/30/2018 6:15am – Two eggs on North Fishtail Bay nest.
- 6/9/2018 It appears nesting began on Marl Bay.
- 6/11/2018 noon – We have a baby loon on Maple Bay!
- 6/17/2018 North Fishtail Bay. One of the eggs disappeared.
- 6/24/2018 We have a baby loon on North Fishtail Bay.
- 7/6/2018 7am – Loon chick from Marl Bay nest.
- 7/6/2018 3:40pm There are 2 loon chicks from the Marl Bay nest.
- 7/7/2018 – There is 1 surviving loon chick from the Marl Bay nest.
Since 1992, we have been practicing loon preservation by constructing artificial nesting platforms. Loons prefer to nest on islands to distance themselves from predators such as raccoons. We belong to the Michigan Loon Preservation Association and participate with LoonCorp Northern Michigan. Please use and support both of these resources; they provide valuable loon information. Read more of Loon Nesting Program »
Posted on February 2nd, 2017
Feel compelled to help maintain the beautiful 10,000 acres of the UMBS Bio Station? Join the UMBS Stewards once a week or every other week during the summer. Contact Stuart Case. Read more of The UMBS Stewards Program »
Posted on February 2nd, 2017
Power Loading causes damage to launch ramps.
“Power loading” is using the boat motor to load and unload a boat onto and off the trailer. The propeller wash creates a hole at the end of the ramp and a sand mound beyond the ramp. It creates hazardous conditions, and will cause time consuming and expensive ramp repairs. Read more of Boat Ramp Maintenance »